Tuesday

3 de Febrero 2004

" Anita, Phyllis...and whether or not it truly is what it seems.... "

So this morning's Juke Joint pits Anita against Phyllis...that's not even fair!!

They start with "You Bring Me Joy..." Damn....did I say this is completely UNFAIR!!! LOL

"If I can't see your face, I will remember your smile....

But can this be right
or should we be friends
I get lonely sometimes
and I'm mixed up again
'cuz you're the finest thing I've seen in all my life
You bring me joy...."

Then they hit me with "Old Friend"....why oh why oh why!??! LOL

"Old friend, this is where our happy ending begins
Yes, I'm sure this time that we're going to win
Welcome back into my life again..."

It's always amusing to me when I come across someone that "looks" familiar. And even more hilarious when I realize it's an admirer from my online escapades. Coming face to face, unscripted, unintentionally, always give me pause. It's when I put all the pieces together, their photos, their comments, their online persona if you will, and measure that against what is standing in front of me that I tend to realize the digital hides that what is apparent in the real world. The brotha had a lazy eye. All over his head. Not sure where he was focusing. I just smiled, went and found a seat on the train....who woulda thunk it? Thinking to myself, what is not apparent about me digitally that is all too real offline?

Phyllis won... she's definitely a DC favorite...."Can't We Fall in Love Again?"....something like that....

~More to Come~