Thursday

22 de Enero 2004

"The "challenge" of just being me "

If I have ANY friends by the time this week is over, it'll be a miracle. Whew, lawd. I don't know if folks are just a tad more sensitive than usual, or if I am a tad more harsh, but folks got their thongs and boxers all in a ball this week, over seemingly the littlest ish. Lawd haf mercy!!!

I keep getting reminded of the lil promises I made to work on some thangs, the "challenges" that I must overcome, so to speak. So maybe my viewpoint is different than theirs, but is that a "challenge?" Nah, I don't think so. The "challenge" is for me to even consider their viewpoint at all -- to let go of the "I am always RIGHT" mentality. So when I do concede that theirs is valid, they shouldn't mock me, or take me less than serious. Consider my effort genuine. Perhaps, I need to be reminded from time to time that I have these "challenges" but that is what friends and loved ones are there for -- to keep me on task. No one ever said it would be easy; and yes, I can be quite crass at times, but my peeps know what they are dealing with, so why all of a sudden is everyone tripping?!? I'm trying, really I am!! LOL So, I just need for them to support me in dealing with my "challenges"; Because anything less, and they'll get their feelings hurt again, and we won't be any better off than when we started down this road!!!

And for gods sake, please stop preaching at me. I don't know in what lifetime they thought THAT M.O. would work with me LMAO You learn over time to deal with people individually. You have different methods of interacting, various "pre-emptive strikes" if you will. I got called on one of those today. Ok, so I admit it wasn't a wise choice, and I had to humble myself. Ok fine, lesson learned - change tactics hehehehehe LOL I just wish others would learn that when dealing with me as well. Then maybe we won't have another week like THIS one again anytime soon....