Friday

12 de Diciembre 2003

" Peace "

I miss Belize. Truly.

7 days of complete relaxation....isolation from the calls and concerns of my existence. I traded for 80 degree days with bright blue sunny skies with lazily moving high clouds; for lush green forests, cool with shade, full of the life of the jungle -- sounds of the chachalacas, the stares from the iguanas, and the fragrance of the spices and flora; for the dusty relics and astonishing heights of the Mayan ruins, temples, the intricacies of the designs that spoke to the intelligence of people some thousands and thousands of years ago; for sinking into a hammock and letting my toesies sink into fine sand while listening to the waves crash softly against the shore while watching the periwinkle, mauve, burnt sienna, and goldenrod hues of the sunrise; for the brush of black snapper against my leg or the thrill of being surrounded by nurse sharks, or the slimy feeling of a moray eel against my fingertips while gazing at the wonder of coral reef; for a glorious, riotous, disturbing the peace, coconut rum and Belikin buzz filled time with 4 of my most adored friends. Who could ask for more?

Happy Birthday To Me!!!