Thursday

20 de Noviembre 2003

" 5 Bold Steps: 1 Year Later "

A year ago I was in Portland...further developing my leadership potential. I wrote myself a letter:

"...It's time to move forward. Re-tool my next bold steps to achieve my passionate vision. Stop running and step off the spin cycle - stop being tossed around this metaphorical dryer and get folded and fresh. I have a great network of support...to rely on to keep me on task -- reach out and let them know! Stay encouraged -- for so many people have faith in my talents, skills and abilities! I must be confident and appreciative of what I am capable of and know that this situation will improve and that I will reach peaceful contentment and professional joy!!"

6 months ago, I revisited this letter and spoke of promise:
"...Daily I get chances and have choices to make things different. It's springtime now - the proverbial time to begin anew. There is much promise in my world; and I am latching onto that for the rest of the seasons:
Promise . . . in my career development
Promise . . . in my home sphere
Promise . . . on my spiritual path
Promise . . . in my relationship journey
Promise . . . in love."

Where am I? I haven't complete my 5 Bold Steps, and what is this...a year and a half later?! My challenges are still there - scratch that - I've overcome one challenge, but the others remain. What I value hasn't changed: growth and education, feeling good and my well-being, improved, committed relationships and quiet time and personal space. But I am NOT letting my supports do just that - support me. Which is why only 2 of my vision circles have been partially achieved.

I'm becoming "wise." Which means I need to redo this, tailor it to the vision I wish to create for the future as I see it now, not from nearly 2 years ago. Promise is still there, I just need to redefine what it takes to harness that to achieve my goal ----> Peaceful contentment (personal, spiritual, emotional, mental, etc.) and professional joy.

~More to come~