Saturday

3 de Enero 2004

" Another 5 am.... "

The Chicken and Waffles Part II recap: written sometime the early afternoon of January 1, 2004...

"Fertile Ground lulled us to sleep...we were on the downstroke by this time. Last I looked at my watch it was a quarter to 7am....

25 pounds of chicken - fried and Ken's Teriyaki Special, over 50 waffles, a runaway Spades game, a male bonding session on the porch, and a 5am Milkshake contest (w/ Monica's Baranga remix, tankuberrymuch) later, all I had left to show for it was a broken chair.

Woke up to glorious blue skies -- the ice is still frozen in the cooler and ice buckets outside on the porch. Drinks still cold from being outside overnight. Mo-Ken-Steph, we will help ourselves to some hot waffles and fresh chicken when we finally pick ourselves up off the living room floor.

A very special thanks to those that made it through. We hope you had a damn good time with plenty of good memories! For those of you that missed it, look for the photos soon and part III, next year, is at Felicia's :)

Happy 2004!!"


Well, actually, closer to 30 pounds of chicken wings, about 6 or 7 more waffles, another bottle of that cheap Cook's champagne, a broken waffle iron, and 2 broken chairs by the time I got EVERYONE outta my house come midnight January 1 LOL

I've been up everyday at 5 am since, either on the way to bed or something wakes me up. In any case, I already have confirmation that 2004 is my year of fulfilling growth. Yet, the areas I want to specifically focus on are career and religion.

I'm clearly gonna have to bite the bullet, and do some serious soul searching and attitude adjustment around my career path, options, goals, etc. I need some peace in that area. One way or another I'll change careers, develop new skill sets, and find a position that brings long sought after personal contentment and professional joy, be it in the world of work, or as a full time stay-at-home wife and mom. But my career fulfillment has to be realized, the sooner the better.

My spirituality has never wavered, even as my faith has been tested. My talks with God come more frequently and I am witnessing the power of his spirit. But more is needed for my full and complete sustenance and I have to face my limitations and challenges to acheive that. Safe in HIS arms is where I want to be.

So it's close to 6 now...maybe I should try SLEEP again LOL