Sunday

18 de Enero 2004

" Sunday...early evening "
It's been a weekend, and it ain't ova yet!!

My girlfriend's father passed. Overall, it just hasn't been a good time for her. She was just laid off, her husband is only working p/t, she has a damn orphanage (or at least what us childless friends of hers call an orphanage - 5 kids, under the age of 13, LOL) and her father's body is in Nigeria. So, its been a weekend of raising money to get them all over to the Continent and paying respects to the family. You know how we do, we eat LMAO I feel like I've been slaving in a kitchen the entire weekend!!! I'm just glad I was there when she called. Home sick with a splitting headache, I live the closest to her, I was available and able to get to her first. Like she said, where we work, or where I still work -- it's not about the work, it's about the relationships. That is what we are there for, for I have met and become close to some fabulous, warm, caring women. People that I do consider, friends. And I have never been big on friends at the office. But she has been there for me so many times, I could never repay her enough. So I go, and listen, and comfort, and make sure that damn orphanage is fed LOL

When I haven't been slaving in someone's kitchen, I've been playing negro geography. Can we say splitting headache!?!? I love my girl L, but I just can't stomach pretentious Black folks, lawd haf mercy. And she is so down-to-earth, but her folks!! If somebody asks me what I do, one mo' 'gin....I swear I hate that question...that shit don't define who the fuck I am. The better question is what aren't you doing? Get outta my damn face and work on ya own damn credentials. Negroes, I swear!!!

Sooo...it's the annual back in da day/ol'skool party tonight. Funny thing, calling it a King Day jam. I just don't see booty-shaking, get-ya-groove-on funk sessions as worthy of being called a Dr. King celebration, but what do I know? I'm the one going to hell for dropping it like it's hot to "Shake that booty in the name of Jesus, shake the booty in the name of the Lord!" That really is a song, I couldn't make that up if I tried LMAO

Lemme peel outta these clothes and get up to make this peach cobbler, sweets tend to raise spirits, yanno? LOL