Sunday

temprano - 18 de Enero 2004

" My Sensitivity "

I'm having a Luther moment.

This all started when I was in the checkout yesterday and saw the latest Jet with Luther on the cover. Luther look good, ya'll!!! I am so glad he is recovering and I do hope he is well enough to make the Grammy's next month. That would be wonderful to see him in public again.

But, yea so I've pulled out a few of my favorite Luther CDs. Mindtripping down memory lane. I recall when I first "heard" of Luther, "...Creep creep creep creep..." was the hit of the day back then. Little did I know about THAT LMAO Geesh, I had to be like what, 11 or 12? I was in 7th grade, I do remember that because I was being bused to school and always up before the crack of dawn and KJLH always played "Wait for Love" early in the morning, before the 6am show kicked in.....and I would watch the sunrise from my bedroom window with Luther singing: "...so hold on tight if you think you're right, cuz nothin' hurts as bad as when you see, you gave up too easily..." Maybe I know too much about THAT!!

I've always liked the lesser known, less commercially rotated Luther cuts...mostly older stuff, "Anyone Who Had a Heart," "I, Who Have Nothing," "Promise Me," "Forever, For Always, For Love," "Other Side of the World" to name a few.

Then there's "Never Let Me Go." That was soooo gonna be my engagement song, when I first heard it. My daydreams still see me and the Mr. twirling around the dance floor to that tune....

"Give me the right
In summer or in spring time
To tell the world that forever, for always, for love, you'll be mine
and that you'll never let me go"

Sadly, I have that album on cassette, so I don't listen to it much. Maybe I need to give my new tape deck a whirl in the car LOL

Now one song I was never fond of was "Here and Now." That just wasn't my joint. I think it got too much airplay, talk about sick of hearing it LOL But I can't say I have an absolute favorite, cuz the moment I proclaim such, another leaps to mind. "If This World Were Mine," "Make Me a Believer," ....where would I even begin to say I had one favorite? LOL

But in having my Luther moment this evening, I can say my Luther song of the day is "My Sensitivity."

"You tell me that you love me
Before I'm sure you really do
You say you love me more and more each day
And that's when my sensitivity gets in the way"

It's been a day, my emotions are raw, feelings tossed, nerves slightly on edge....definitely sensitive right about now, about quite a few, very personal things. Gonna let Luther continue to soothe my soul this evening.

~More to come~