Sunday

22 de Febrero 2004

" The Pressure Pt.2 "

My mom is blowing up my phone.

First call is about some email she sent. Moms, I'm in the middle of something. My responses are clipped and curt...can't she tell?

Second one is about something she needs me to edit -- I am her personal indentured servant, but again, can't this wait?

Phone rings one mo' time and I'm swearing before I even pick it up. She drops THIS on me:

"Your cousin called to inform me she is having a baby on Monday afternoon."

INHALE, EXHALE...deeply.

I know she means well, and meant no harm, but right about now I am REALLY sensitive to such things.

She says: "Thought you'd get a kick out of this, so I had to remember to tell you before I forgot."

I'm gonna chalk this up to Moms wanting my attention right about now, and not let my feelings get hurt because I'm unable to give her the grandbabies she wants me to give her.

And my initial reaction may have sounded really cruel, but I meant no harm either....

Soo...this is baby number 4 in the last 5 years. I had to ask, if she'd see her at all lately and she NOT be pregnant? Moms couldn't say -- which was my point -- but I've asked for forgiveness for that snide remark about my cousin's weight. She didn't deserve that....

But how does she do it? Four different pregnancies. In 5 years. Now she's getting her tubes tied. Guess it's too late to ask her to carry one for me, eh? LOL And she's not quite 30....about where I was a year or so ago. Fluck all the dumb, I'm amazed that her body can sustain that. I'd gone round and round about having no more than 4 in 10 years, and here goes my cousin dropping them in 5. Before I've even started.

I wonder if Moms called my sister...I very much doubt it. She'll be at the hospital come Monday with my cousin. Tell me before you forgot...

W-h-a-t-e-v-a...

The Pressure Pt. 2...where is my Sounds of Blackness tape when I need it most?