Friday

20 de Febrero 2004

" I'm allowed.... "

to "grieve" how I want to
...to open my doors wide and blast my music
...to eat whatever the hell I want to
...to put my phone on DND when I am tired of it ringing
...to focus on my "work" when I need to clear my mind
...to let my momma fly across the country to see if I am "alright"
...to let the fellaz take me out
...to taste test the sangria until I taste nothing else (damn that sangria is a mutha LMAO)
...to blame Fe for dragging me to La Tasca to taste test the sangria
...to say no to the cookies, and yes to that bag of carrots!
...to say yes to the M&Ms and no to that fat-free yogurt!
...to fill my springtime with travel, even if it's to places I've been before
...to be a gardner and cultivate new friendships in these places I've been before
...to fall asleep at 6pm and wake up at 2am
...to get my aches massaged, my skin cleansed, my body wrapped, and my toesies and fingers polished
...to go about my living...blessed for each new day, and the opportunity it brings, to do things MY way.

I'm allowed...in my own time, in my own way.

And I'll be o.k.....